Friday, July 22, 2011

Silence is golden?

Well, the secret is almost out. It's almost official that I'm leaving work and it's almost okay to talk about this adventure openly. On Wednesday I had a chat with my boss about changes in the branch and time lines involved with those changes. I wasn't going to give notice until August 2nd when my manager comes back from vacation, but given the subject matter of the conversation I was in, I decided it was probably best to let the boss know. He was supportive and asked lots of questions and though my hands were shaking the whole time, it went really well. I typed up a resignation letter to give him but until my manager comes back, I have to continue to keep it under wraps. And it's killing me! I want to put it on Facebook and I want to be able to share all the details with co-workers without having to whisper. I want to take boxes home and a roll of bubble wrap...all things that will raise eyebrows and cause questions.

Sigh. Silence is actually rather blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment