Wednesday, August 03, 2011

The secret is out!

The email notice went out today at work that I am leaving. So now I can talk about it! Now I can be excited and enjoy this part of the process!

But holy crap, now it's real. I went from apprehension in the car this morning, wondering when the email would be sent, to excitement and just plain joy about six minutes after walking into work. I've been answering questions and accepting congratulations all day long. And it feels great!

I've thought of this day for a while now and wondered how it would feel. What would people say and how shocked would they be? I wasn't disappointed - there was plenty of shock. But more importantly, everyone has been so supportive. Everyone has said how happy they are for me and how they wish they'd done something like it. What a day!

In other news, the packing has begun. We're about a dozen boxes in and already the house is starting to look empty. There's a heck of a lot left to go, but it feels like we're off to a good start. It's frustrating though to kind of take our time the way we have to. It would be easier to just go. Pack everything as fast as we can wrap and tape. But we have 42 days left in the house and at least that many meals to cook. So for now, we'll have to stick to the non-essentials.

The organizational system is working well so far. I made a small binder with tabs to match the labels we're putting on the boxes. Everything is colour coded and each box is numbered. Then the contents are recorded in the binder, one page per box. I don't know if it'll help the people who are storing the boxes, but I'm sure going to be happy to have it when it comes time to actually unpack them again!

T-minus 50 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment