Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Mushy

Brandon and I went to Edmonton this weekend. We drove up on Sunday when he was finished work and spent the night in the Delta downtown...thanks employee discount! We had a pretty decent dinner in the hotel that night and toasted to our two year dating anniversary. It was a great little mini-vactaion even though it was for just one night.

Then yesterday on the way home, I suddenly found myself singing You Are My Sunshine with the craziest, twangiest country accent I've ever heard. Now, there aren't many people that I will get totally silly with; I'm always much too shy to really let myself go. But there on Highway 2 just north of Bowden, as Brandon laughed and sang along, I realized how lucky I am to know him. I know that I can say and do the strangest things and he'll always be there with me to do them too.

How sweet it is to have found someone who fits just perfectly right beside me. 

1 comment:

  1. Awe...Carm, that gave me goose bumps. How sweet it is, indeed. I'm so happy for you. :) I didn't know it was your two (two?!) year anniversary - how time flies. Congratulations. :)

    And btw, I am OH SO excited to follow this blog, and see where life takes you two. Happy Trials my friend.

    ReplyDelete