Saturday, October 15, 2011

Perspective

Written October 14
Today I feel a little better than I did yesterday. It’s amazing what a phone call home to my mom can do! I realized that I don’t need to put so much pressure on myself and I don’t need to be taking this quite as seriously as I was. Well, obviously getting a job is serious, but my mom reminded me that I need to find a job to help support our life here - not to get rich or have a fabulous career, and I'm not replacing Coast Paper. There’s no reason why I can’t apply for positions that will be fun and interesting and low stress. So, with this fresh perspective, there is a bookstore not far from our flat that looks interesting and I actually want to shop in, so I will probably go ask if they need help. And I might actually go see if there are any jobs at the Castle or at Holyrood that I could apply for. There are museums all over and though I know nothing about art, there are galleries too. I think I just need to let my head catch up with the fact that we’re moved in now and actually living in Edinburgh. I’ll get there, I just need another day or two. Thanks Mom!
In other very, very good news, we get cable and internet hooked up on Tuesday! This internet café is cheap, but too far a walk to check emails as many times a day as I’d like to. I have many photos to post and many emails to write so I can’t wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment