Monday, September 26, 2011

A new place

I’m sitting on a much more comfortable bed in a much nicer (though still very simple) room, in a new city. Brandon is in the shower in our own bathroom. We even have a tv! It’s wonderful! The hostel in London got the job done, but it wasn’t by any means what I was expecting. This place already makes that one look like a joke. I guess you get what you pay for in London.
We just got into Glasgow a little while ago after a very long day on the bus. Funny though, there was more leg room than on the airplane a few days ago! We made a couple of stops for food and bathroom breaks which was good and the bus itself wasn’t too full. And then when we got here to Glasgow and got our backpacks strapped back on, we started the walk here to the hostel. By the look of the map we thought we were in for a wicked long walk, but it really didn’t take all that long at all.
So now, we’re going to unpack a bit, spread out here in our room – I’m so excited to get all my clothes out of my pack – and then we’re going to go find some supper.

---

So supper came to me! Brandon went up the road to Pizza Hut and brought us back supper. It was wonderful! Eating dinner in pajamas with no one else in the room. Glorious! It's amazing how much I missed silence and time with no one else around. I miss having space to myself and to just me and Brandon. It's going to be so, so good to have this room to ourselves this week. I think the next few days could be a little stressful and having somewhere to be where we don't have to fight for space is going to be wonderful. London was such a great holiday and now we have to get down to some business.

No comments:

Post a Comment